2010 One-Night Film Fest
More artists and educators than ever are using movies, videos, and animations for different purposes ranging from education, industry, and art. To further the Bridges Organization objective of introducing participants to innovative and integrative techniques that promote interdisciplinary work in the fields of mathematics and art, we would like to announce a new feature of the conference: The Bridges Math Art One-Night Film Fest!
The year of 2010 will be the beginning for this new activity. The expectation is that the Festival will grow throughout the years. During the One-Night Film Fest on Saturday July 24, 2010, a series of short movies will be presented.
We would like to encourage movie makers to participate in this event and submit their mathematics and art short movies. Please note:
- The length of a movie should not exceed 10 minutes.
- All submitted movies will undergo a refereeing process.
- There is a limit of two movies per conference attendee to be submitted for the reviewing process.
- Participants should complete a form (click here) for each movie and e-mail it to email@example.com as an attachment, put their movies on YouTube or at their own URL and provide the address on the form so that the coordinator can share the movie with the jurors.
- After acceptance, the movie should be saved as a DVD with appropriate resolution for screening for a general audience and should be mailed to the coordinator. A movie with a format that cannot be presented with a DVD player will be rejected without any further notification. Please mail your DVD to the following address by June 30, 2010.
Department of Mathematics
7800 York Road
Towson, MD 21252, USA
- Each movie DVD should come with a hard copy page that includes the name and the mailing address of the movie maker.
- We expect a creator of each accepted movie to register for the conference, attend, and give a short (two or three minute) introduction to their movie at the Movie Night. If one of the creators is not available, the coordinator will arrange for such an introduction on behalf of the creators. Nevertheless, a registration is necessary to participate in the program and screen the movie/video. Registration for the Bridges Conference is being processed by MathArtFun. Please go to this web site and click on the icon for Bridges near the center of the page:
- Please note that the program can only accommodate a limited number of works, which may necessitate rejecting some high quality movies. Review criteria include:
- Math content
- Esthetic appeal
The movies should be submitted between April 15 and May 15, 2010. Notification of acceptance will be made via e-mail by June 15, 2010.